Wednesday, April 1, 2015

I mean, how cute am I in Indian threads? (And jewels)?

Guys, I don't do this often--but look how cute my new Indian clothing is!

First, my new Nehru vest, bought at India's famous khadi store.  (Khadi just means a kind of homespun cloth that Gandhi made the center of his anti-colonial "Buy Indian" campaign. This vest is actually made out of wool, but came from store selling only Indian locally-made products. Anyway, Nehru vests are very in this year--actually every year. All of the Indian power players wear them.



Next up, my first piece of real Indian jewelry! By which I mean, it's big, very shiny, and can be worn absolutely nowhere except maybe a wedding with a rhinestone studded sari. But seriously, Indian's love this kind of jewelry--my colleagues at work were so impressed with my good taste!


And the best part? The enameling on the back means it's shiny from every direction!


Of course, this wouldn’t be an Indian fashion blog post if I didn’t include one picture of me rocking the kurta pajama look. Here it is, in action, at the office.


And finally, gorgeous, hand-embroidered shawls which probably took three generations of women in a Kashmiri family 2 weeks to complete but can be had for the price of like, 10 minutes of a first year big law attorney's hourly billable rate!



Aren't they gorgeous? I bought two. And see below for a detail on the hand embroidery.


One can say alotta things about India, but one must also say this: this country has the best shopping in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment