Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Lunch, daily

As there have been several requests for more food pictures I offer you the below: my daily lunch. (Well, I mean the menu does change every day. This, in fact, was Monday's lunch).



The way it works is that I call up some mysterious phone number which my colleagues gave me and I say "1 lunch, Lawyers Collective please" and then hang up the phone. Anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour later some guy shows up (a different guy every time) with a cardboard lunchbox enclosing (a) one small plastic bag--like a ziplock bag, but tied off with a tight rubberband instead of a zip--containing some form of dal (lentil soup); (b) one even smaller plastic bag containing the (always vegetarian) entree of the day (on Monday it was aloo panner, or potatos with spinach, yum!); (c) a small plastic bag containing a garnish of cut cucumbers and onion, and (d) 4 roti.

It's always totally filling and absolutely delicious. And, for only a dollar, it's pretty much the best cheapest lunch I'll ever have.

And in case anyone was wondering, below is Tuesday's lunch.


2 comments:

  1. $1? I love that you only have to call one place and you still get variety!

    ReplyDelete