Monday, April 28, 2014

Office supplies

Ok, ok, I KNOW I said that I wouldn't write (or bitch) about work, but I've just got to tell you guys about this one thing that is killing me. It's about my chair. Really, it's about our office chairs in general. THEY SUCK! There are a few good ones floating around, but they've all been appropriated by our Women's Rights department in the building next door.

 I got my hands on a good chair once, during my first week--but then I made the mistake of leaving it unguarded to go to the bathroom. I was gone for like, 2 minutes TOPS, but when I came back someone had taken my chair. Seriously, my computer, my wallet, my ipad all sitting on my desk untouched--my chair GONE. I think those dirty Women's Rights chicks took it.

For a week I suffered through sitting in a chair that was far too low for the desk which made me feel like the kid sitting at the ergonomically incorrect adult's table.

After some careful searching, I did manage to locate an office chair that is roughly the right height, with two functioning arm rests, which I promptly swapped in for my too-low chair. However, this one is a wheelie chair, and it's missing the wheel on the left-hand side. When I'm sitting in a balanced manner, just typing away at my computer, this is just fine. But sometimes I forget that it's missing a wheel and I lean too far over to the left, and then the chair topples over and I fall out of my seat onto the floor.

For any of you have not experienced this first-hand, it's like really embarrassing to continually fall out of your seat in an open office/cubicle environment.

It's times like that, shamefaced, crumpled on the floor, that I really do miss the superb facilities of Big Law. Damn, what I wouldn't give for my former chair now!

2 comments:

  1. Solution: remove the other three wheels and start wearing three layers of Depends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where would I get the Depends around here? That really sounds like more trouble then just getting a new chair.

    ReplyDelete