Tuesday, April 22, 2014

This is what you can buy in a Delhi clothing market for $10 dollars

Isn't it grand! I love shopping here!


The great thing about this particular market is that it sells brand name clothing that actually aren't well-made fakes. They're the real thing! The reason is that many clothing manufacturers have their factories in India, so when there is a surplus of a particular item, or quite frankly, where there are small errors in the item, the manufacturers just dump all of the unwanted pieces on nearby markets. (I was suspicious, at first, but this has been verified by numerous sources.) The shirt on the bottom right, which was the most expensive item I purchased for $2.50, is currently being sold here for $50.

The other two patterned shirts you see there are long kurta tops. I'm planing on starting to wear more Indian-style clothing as they are really comfy in the hot weather. (Like, wearing lightweight pajamas everywhere).

The shoes, shown in their adorable close-up below, set me back a grand total of $2. But, unlike the shirts I have to admit that these slippers are quite cheaply made. After one wear around the neighborhood they turned my feet entirely blue! Ah well, I knew there had to be a catch somewhere.


3 comments: