Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Q&A time

Questions which have passed through my head within the last week--and their answers. 

Question: Why do autorickshaw drivers feel the need to play chicken with much larger cars and trucks?
Answer: Because they're high or drunk. (I've been in at least two autos where the drivers are smoking up while driving. I mean, come on!)

Question: Why do almost all Indian women have long hair?

Answer: So they can toss it alluringly, given the constant presence of wind-machines (er, indoor fans).
Question: Why are there displays of fireworks on random nights?
Answer: Weddings. It's for the weddings.
Question: Why are all of my formerly light-colored T-shirts now magenta?
Answer: Because I was foolish enough to think I'd gotten all of the die out of my new pair of harem-style pants after only two times through the washing machine.
Question: Why are the Bollywood women, on average, so much better looking than the Bollywood men?

 [This is Shahrukh Khan, one of Bollywood's most famous leading men.  No. Sorry, but no]

Answer: Because the Bollywood women need to sleep their way into roles whereas the Bollywood men all seem to be the nephew of someone famous? (Note, answer based solely on the information obtained from today's tabloid).
Question: Why do Indians love cricket?
Answer: No idea. Really, I have no idea. It seems like the most boring game ever.

1 comment:

  1. I think on average American actresses are better looking than American actors, too. John C. Reilly? Oy. And SR Khan doesn't do it for me either. But I wouldn't kick Hrithik Roshan out of bed...

    ReplyDelete