Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Raw fish

I've just done the one thing I said I'd never do in Delhi, which is eat sushi.

Delhi is a land-locked city with NO clean rivers or lakes anywhere around. It's also a city notorious for destroying travellers' vacations with the infamous "Delhi Belly". So, for my last meal in NYC I begged my mother to take me somewhere that I could gorge on sushi, since I swore to myself I wouldn't touch anything raw in Delhi.


But then I got taken out to this Japanese restaurant for "ladies night" and the food looked so good I broke my oath and ordered a spicy salmon roll. Lo and behold, I did not get sick! (Thank you, stomach! I owe you one). But, I won't be ordered sushi again, because this spicy salmon roll cost almost double what it would in NYC--and I have an deep-seated moral issue with paying more for food in Delhi than I would for the same food in NYC.

Also, between the all of us, the salmon roll was good, but not that good.

By the way, just in case anyone is wondering, the below is how the ladies night ended. With my roommate's car boxed in by other parked cars and the parkingwallah nowhere in site, the ladies were forced to take matters into our own hands, and push various cars out of the way in a real life game of parking tetris.


No comments:

Post a Comment