Sunday, May 25, 2014

Tailoring

My local tailors (these guys are just out on the street, not in a shop)


I would really like to take advantage of the fact that tailoring and fabric is so cheap here to get lots of perfectly bespoke things made--but I'm nervous. For one, do you guys see a dressing room anywhere? No. So, how can they properly fit me? For two, I'm pretty sure these guys don't speak English (at least no one seemed to understand much when I came to get pants hemmed last month) so I'm doubtful that I can explain in detail what I want. 

However, provided I could get properly fitted and provided I could communicate with them, I just see visions of mass produced perfectly tailored button-down shirts dancing before my eyes (and maybe a sari or two). Should I give it a go?

No comments:

Post a Comment